WORK FLOW 1)2)4)
A circuit linking successive steps in a complete process.
An example is to be found in the process of buying some commodity:
- consulting available information
- obtaining approval from technical and financial sectors;
- ordering the commodity;
- receiving and approving it;
- transmitting it to the sector in need for it and the corresponding information to accountancy.
Such flows are generally repetitive.
Workflows are analogous to inputs procurement, inside transformations and outputs in biological systems.
- 1) General information
- 2) Methodology or model
- 3) Epistemology, ontology and semantics
- 4) Human sciences
- 5) Discipline oriented
To cite this page, please use the following information:
Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science (2020). Title of the entry. In Charles François (Ed.), International Encyclopedia of Systems and Cybernetics (2). Retrieved from www.systemspedia.org/[full/url]
We thank the following partners for making the open access of this volume possible: